January 5-7, 2024 | Winter Storm Potential

MesoscaleBanding

• Admin
29 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

I still think this one will pan out.  Why?  Because I don’t want it to.  I’m supposed to take my son to the Blue Jackets game Saturday night which would be a royal pain in the butt in that.  So, naturally, it’ll happen.  😊

Right there with you with a flight back from NYC Sunday morning. Lol. I'll still cheer it on, though, because snow is snow. No matter if it means my own grr argh.

• LOVE 2

17 minutes ago, cperry29 said:

Has the ICON ever been enthused? Serious question…. There could be 12” of snow coming and the ICON would be like… 

tmp.gif

That being said… GFS is looking ugly through 87hrs lol

Just now, junior said:

What a weak sauce H5 structure on the latest GFS. Slowly weakening towards obs as per every storm for a few winters now. 

Yep

• Meteorologist

First storm looks good here before it unravels (unfortunately). The first storm wouldn't impact my travel so I would be pretty happy to get 2-4" for my last storm in a long time. 

• LIKE 1

The last frame of the RGEM looks like it would fair a little better, but man. Not a good trend today....everything was a solid 3-5+ MB weaker each run, each model

10MB+ from where it was 2 days ago

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45

Could still be mood flakes for many. Still would be better than nothing I suppose. Doesn’t help that models are absolutely terrible lately. Idk, something has to give heading into January. 🤷

Edited by NWOhioChaser
  • LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1