January 13-17, 2024 | 1-2 Punch Winter Storm Potential

snowlover2

4 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Tonight is a big part of that. Pretty skeptical we see 1-2" but would surely be nice 

snku_acc-imp.us_ov (1).png

Yeah, tonight will be first accumulating snow here this year 🙄 RGEM keeps me somewhat interested in Monday-Tuesday. 

• LIKE 1

• Moderators

FWIW, long range 9z SREF at 10:1.   With the cold temps, this might be a good time to break out the SREF Tracker if this system creeps closer to OH.

(SREF plumes use a Kuchera-like snow formula.)

image.thumb.png.fa9b9936db32995d325a00c1533d2fe7.png

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Tonight is a big part of that. Pretty skeptical we see 1-2" but would surely be nice 

snku_acc-imp.us_ov (1).png

I'm curious to hear how much folks got last night, but with the wind, dendrite fracture probably kept total down, not to mention the difficulty in measuring wind-whipped snow.  Maybe a 1/2" overnight here, but at least it looks and feels like winter.

Edited by Hiramite
  • LIKE 2

Just now, Hiramite said:

I'm curious to hear how much folks got last night, but with the wind, dendrite fracture probably kept total down, not to mention the difficulty in measuring wind-whipped snow.  Maybe a 1/2" here, but at least it looks and feels like winter.

We got enough that the skeleton crew were had in wasn't enough and had to call for extra salt drivers. That means my phone was ringing all night to coordinate and the Mrs. didn't sleep well. Maybe a half inch or so but enough that roadways are covered.

• LIKE 2

13 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

I'm curious to hear how much folks got last night, but with the wind, dendrite fracture probably kept total down, not to mention the difficulty in measuring wind-whipped snow.  Maybe a 1/2" overnight here, but at least it looks and feels like winter.

About that here also. 1/2 inchish 

• LIKE 1

It’s just nasty. I’d guess we got 1-2” but with this polar wind it’s too hard to tell. I need to go out later and start my car but I don’t wanna lol! 

I’ve seen temp at -3 and -4

I don’t know wind chill but it ain’t good. 

Hamilton county, Indiana. 

2 hours ago, Hiramite said:

One more, 6z RGEM/RDPS.  Every snowlovers favorite!!

image.thumb.png.88815741ab54622ac3c2d9442e6b39cb.png

That’s such a bogus model. No one local in PIT is saying anything but flurries for this time period. Should be banned lol

• LAUGH 2

Yeah looking at obs I can tell you for certain the rgem was a big failure for last night. Pretty much everything else had it pegged. Noted for future. As far as this one goes here expecting about the same. Not ready to enter the 19th thread yet. Energies look similarly weak and not trying to wishful think them stronger...yet

I'm more bummed about the long range and potential for losing what ice will be established for next weekend. This outbreak feels EXACTLY like dec Christmas 2022. Torch followed by record cold, followed by back to status quo

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45