January 13-17, 2024 | 1-2 Punch Winter Storm Potential

snowlover2

5 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

So it’s ok to play in 20 below weather but not snow?!  Please…

Yeahhhh if anything got moved I thought for sure it was going to be the KC game. It's downright dangerous to be out at those temps for that amount of time....people are acting like feet of snow in buffalo isn't a common occurrence...

• THUMBS UP 1
  • TROPHY 1

8 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

So it’s ok to play in 20 below weather but not snow?!  Please

They say it's about roads being closed so no one can travel to the game. I certainly wish they played it, but can't argue with impassable roads. 

• Admin

I understand there's a weather aspect to the football games, but we are veering too off topic.  It won't lead anywhere good.

There's a section for sports talk if you'd like to take it there, but let's try and stay on task.

• LIKE 1

11 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

I understand there's a weather aspect to the football games, but we are veering too off topic.  It won't lead anywhere good.

There's a section for sports talk if you'd like to take it there, but let's try and stay on task.

Which is easy to do when there is no winter weather to discuss :classic_ninja:😂

GOOOOO BROWNS! 😁

Edited by MesoscaleBanding
  • LOVE 1

• Admin
Just now, MesoscaleBanding said:

Which is easy to do when there is no winter weather to discuss :classic_ninja:😂

I get that, and we've let it slide, but the topics involved get contentious. Just seen this play before.

• THUMBS UP 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

I get that, and we've let it slide, but the topics involved get contentious. Just seen this play before.

I’ll keep quiet here out of respect but I do not agree.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

23 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

We can't even get snow to watch on TV around here 🤦

THIS IS THE BEST POST IVE SEEN IN FOREVER. 💯 TRUTH

Last football post I swear.  I don't think anyone disagrees with this so not contentious. But I've been looking forward to these two games (kc and Buffalo) all week. Get to see some extreme weather and how it affects playoff games. And now I get to see neither. I am highly annoyed by this. 

• TROPHY 1

2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Back to this storm (or lack thereof)...12z Euro doesn't look great through 48

Slightly better 500mb look though - maybe a baby step in the right direction

Northern Mississippi is going to come to a grinding halt on Monday though 🤣🙄

Edited by MesoscaleBanding

• Admin
4 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

I’ll keep quiet here out of respect but I do not agree.

I don't mind deferring, I'd just rather be called a jerk for stepping in too soon, than stepping in too late, dine that before.  

I never mind a little off topic sprinkled in with weather discussion, but get concerned when the focus strays from the weather potential.

I didn't mean to imply no football, just hoping to try and stay within the framework of the weather discussion.

Nerves are frayed when storms don't behave as we'd like, turns into a powder keg.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, MaineJay said:

I don't mind deferring, I'd just rather be called a jerk for stepping in too soon, than stepping in too late, dine that before.  

I never mind a little off topic sprinkled in with weather discussion, but get concerned when the focus strays from the weather potential.

I didn't mean to imply no football, just hoping to try and stay within the framework of the weather discussion.

Nerves are frayed when storms don't behave as we'd like, turns into a powder keg.

True - but also keep in mind that us midwesterners tend to be a bit more laid back & our off-topic banter is nothing more than fun-loving jest 99.9% of the time. 😂

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

We here in the Midwest threads do a fantastic job, in my opinion, of being respectful to one another, inserting humor, and releasing stress when things don’t go our way. The fact that an nfl playoff game has been postponed due to the weather we’re currently talking about is, again in my opinion, directly related. That was all I was saying and disagreeing with.

• THUMBS UP 1
  • TROPHY 1

1 hour ago, BuckeyeGal said:

It’s come down to me bargaining with Mother Nature. “Give me 4-6 inches of snow in the near future and the Browns can lose today.” Except knowing my luck, they’ll lose and we’ll get nothing. 😆

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! DON'T DO THAT!!!! 

• LAUGH 1

1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Here's a montage of tonight's whatever we wanna call it (dusting..coating..inch?) @ 10:1 keep in mind

models-2024011312-f024.sn10_acc-imp.us_ov.gif

Had a couple 1/2" snowfalls here...hard to believe that a 0.75" snowfall tonight would be the season leader so far 😆

• LAUGH 2
  • SNOWMAN 1

1 hour ago, 1816 said:

They postponed it. What a bummer. More evidence of the wussification of society. Buffalo used to take pride in snow games. Now this is what we get because it's too dangerous. But the bars and restaurants will still be full I bet. 

This is so wild to me because KC will be playing in below 0 temps with wind chills down to possibly -30 but buffalo can’t play in snow with temps the upper teens to low 20’s…. So bizarre… I would think the former would be far more dangerous don’t you think?

Edit: sorry guys, should have flipped the page before continuing football talk 😅😅

Edited by Snow____
  • LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

1 minute ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Had a couple 1/2" snowfalls here...hard to believe that a 0.75" snowfall tonight would be the season leader so far 😆

Yup, 1.1" seasonal total at DLZ, truly remarkable for mid January 

nohrsc_seasnow.us_ov.png

• YUCK 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, NeXrad said:

welp I’m out of this nothing burger…I’ll be lurking on the 19th storm thread I think that’s our real potential 

I still think you Kentucky folks have a chance here!

• THUMBS UP 1

3 minutes ago, NeXrad said:

welp I’m out of this nothing burger…I’ll be lurking on the 19th storm thread I think that’s our real potential 

I shall continue to monitor until the higher rez modeling does away with this bugger....

• LIKE 1