March 18-22, 2023 | OV/GL/NP Wintery Wx

Ohiobuckeye45

Overall, the 12z ECMWF and GFS have a pretty different look at 168 hours.  One difference between them is that the GFS has a significant amount of confluence in the northeast, which forces the storm on farther south track.  The Euro has a less suppressed height field, which results in an inland track.

500hv.conus.thumb.png.482fd403fe385693bc8afb062e34d598.png

500hv.conus-1.thumb.png.d343d5d1cbe4a54f0ae95a53f355ea4b.png

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 1

29 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

I will be really salty if we get snow on the first full day of spring. Don’t want. 

All depends on amount for me.  Nuisance snow, yeah, get out.  I'd take a big snow at any time.  

• THUMBS UP 1

40 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

I will be really salty if we get snow on the first full day of spring. Don’t want. 

well the further SE it goes the colder it gets essentially, so might as well root for it to come NW haha

• LIKE 1

4 hours ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

well the further SE it goes the colder it gets essentially, so might as well root for it to come NW haha

Hopefully NW as in Minnesota. 😂 

Time for spring. 

• Moderators
On 3/15/2023 at 8:17 AM, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

well that was a short run from the ECM. Back way SE, the HP block is too strong

ecmwf_T2ma_us_26.png

ecmwf_mslpa_us_50.png

This is wild how no one in the lower GL/OV has had a major winter storm this year seems like every time theirs a chance something is always working against it!

• THUMBS UP 1

50 minutes ago, Central Illinois said:

This is wild how no one in the lower GL/OV has had a major winter storm this year seems like every time theirs a chance something is always working against it!

It really is crazy.  I just keep telling myself that averages are what they are for a reason and it will balance out.  Hopefully, next fall and winter and not this spring.  Bring on some heat!

• THUMBS UP 2

• The title was changed to March 21-22, 2023 | OV/GL Winter Storm Speculation
  • The title was changed to March 18-22, 2023 | OV/GL/NP Wintery Wx
  • Moderators

In light of @FortySixAnd32 post, the expected line of snow squalls moving through OH and MI today and the ensuing LES; I modified the title of the thread to include the 18th and 19th.

CLE:

This line of snow squalls will be in the development stage near the I-75 corridor between 12z and 14z. This line will further mature and become better organized by the time it reaches the I-71 corridor between 14z and 16z. The peak of these snow squalls will be between 16z and 19z as it tracks into northwest Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania. The snow squall parameter index is hitting this potential on the moderate to high side. Conditions could rapidly change as this line tracks across with quick and intense burst of heavy snow with near zero visibilities and an increase of wind gusts up to 40 mph. A quick inch of snowfall will be likely with this line of snow squalls.

• LIKE 1
  • THANKS 1