January 21-23, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

49 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

A system has been showing up in the time frame for ~10 consecutive GFS runs. Here's today's 12z:

gfs.gif

This is probably the exact track it'll take.  Models are pretty strong within 250 hours...

• LAUGH 2

• Meteorologist

Lol on top of 20" of snow on the Canadian, we get 0.5" of sleet and 0.25" of freezing rain. That's shut down the city real fast. Would be a sight to behold, but would suck having to drive to work in that. More likely someone with a better car would be picking me up instead lol. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, Ingyball said:

Lol on top of 20" of snow on the Canadian, we get 0.5" of sleet and 0.25" of freezing rain. That's shut down the city real fast. Would be a sight to behold, but would suck having to drive to work in that. More likely someone with a better car would be picking me up instead lol. 

Let's hear you sing the Canadian National Anthem! 😄 Oh wait, that's what I do when its model shows me getting stuff like that. lol.

• LAUGH 1

34 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

The next one that is being speculated on the models could be huge, the latest GFS has over 20 inches for Wichita, KS.

Not worthy of its own topic yet, but one will be needed in the near future.

It’s painful being where I am in MI and seeing the total snowfall on the GFS over the next two weeks. Barely an inch where I live but go an hour north and it’s nearly two feet.

Edited by easton229

2 minutes ago, easton229 said:

It’s painful being where I am in MI and seeing the total snowfall on the GFS over the next two weeks. Barely an inch where I live but go an hour north and it’s nearly two feet.

Same here, barely an inch and in Wichita, KS, it's over 20 inches!

• Meteorologist

The actual storm for this date would give me about 6" of snow on the GFS, which would be great. The bigger storm is a possible 3rd storm that I'm totally not buying right now. 

Edited by Ingyball