Fall 2022 | Outlooks and Discussion

Ohiobuckeye45

• The title was changed to Fall 2022 | Outlooks and Discussion
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
17 hours ago, Bradjl2009 said:

There is still no sign of the damn ice no longer melting in the Arctic

I monitor the temps at Prudhoe Bay, Wrangel Island (Chukchi Sea) and Disko Island (W coast of Greenland) just for the heck of it.  All turn colder (highs below 32) by the weekend of the 24th.

Gonna be chilly in our neck of the woods as well late week with some LE showers expected.

Edited by Hiramite
  • LIKE 1
  • THANKS 1

On 9/18/2022 at 9:43 AM, Hiramite said:

I monitor the temps at Prudhoe Bay, Wrangel Island (Chukchi Sea) and Disko Island (W coast of Greenland) just for the heck of it.  All turn colder (highs below 32) by the weekend of the 24th.

Gonna be chilly in our neck of the woods as well late week with some LE showers expected.

Hopefully so. The sea ice for yesterday compared to Sunday was essentially flat, so hopefully the increase in it begins tomorrow. 

I'm pretty excited for how things are looking for the rest of the month once we get to Thursday and the first weekend of October.

610temp.new (29).gif

• LIKE 2

37 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

I peeked into WxDisco....crickets....I think most members don't get active until we're a bit closer to winter.

The way it worked out, hardly anyone outside of the Northeast remains on there at this point. I guess we'll see how things look once we get to December though. 

• LIKE 1

42 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

I peeked into WxDisco....crickets....I think most members don't get active until we're a bit closer to winter.

4 minutes ago, Bradjl2009 said:

The way it worked out, hardly anyone outside of the Northeast remains on there at this point. I guess we'll see how things look once we get to December though. 

I stay looking at American and 33 every once in a while.  They have such a group of die hards on those sites that they already have a bunch of stuff about this winter up. So do we but our group has a long way to go to get to their numbers. We rely on a couple of posters that are probably amongst the best out there but they have numbers so it looks a lot more active. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

GFS and NAEFS hint at continued chilly shots into the Eastern third of the US through the first week of October.

Meanwhile, this was released a couple days ago, and would suggest a pretty sudden flip during the week of the 10th.  I'm skeptical, but we shall see. 

image.png.cd358aa0ebfa661311261f0f7b13fed0.png

On 9/26/2022 at 3:07 PM, MotownWX said:

GFS and NAEFS hint at continued chilly shots into the Eastern third of the US through the first week of October.

Meanwhile, this was released a couple days ago, and would suggest a pretty sudden flip during the week of the 10th.  I'm skeptical, but we shall see. 

image.png.cd358aa0ebfa661311261f0f7b13fed0.png

There's no doubt which one of these will win. It's the one with almost a flawless track record...and it ain't NOAA's.

Screenshot_20221004-111047_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0ba2e3b0438ef42e0dc4d45173c44bf8.jpg

The only flip will be NOAA's 6-10 day outlook 😆