January 27-28, 2024 Ohio Valley/GL/MW Somewhat of a Winter Storm

BuckeyeGal

• Admin

We need something to track, and this has been consistent over the past several days. Currently looks like a transitional system with lots of warm air preceding it.. but could be sneaky. 🙂

models-2024012006-f186.prateptype_cat-imp.us_ov.gif

• LIKE 3

• Admin

I get that we're way warmer than we should be for January.. but this 'torch' doesn't look all that terrible to me. 40s for the highs.. with several chances for snow peppered throughout the next few weeks. I do see a potential pattern swing to colder the second week of February, too. Feel like with systems like this.. we can get through the blahs!

• LIKE 2

2 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

I get that we're way warmer than we should be for January.. but this 'torch' doesn't look all that terrible to me. 40s for the highs.. with several chances for snow peppered throughout the next few weeks. I do see a potential pattern swing to colder the second week of February, too. Feel like with systems like this.. we can get through the blahs!

For me, those temps are worse.  Too warm for snow, I rather be in the 50s and 60s then 😁

• LIKE 1
  • TROPHY 2

• Admin
Just now, RobB said:

For me, those temps are worse.  Too warm for snow, I rather be in the 50s and 60s then 😁

I get that. My pet peeve is 33/34 degrees and rain. Like today, lol.

• THUMBS UP 1

With the lack of cold air, not expecting much of anything from this system. Anything that would fall is likely to be wet, low ratio snow that would end up being a slop fest.

1 hour ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Temps are so marginal (32-34F in the cold sector)...

Here's the 12z Euro - we would have the darkness factor working for us as most of this would fall after midnight Sat. night into Sun. morning...

euro1.png

prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.us_ov.png