February 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm Speculation

SNOWBOB11

It’s been a really boring weather pattern for the end of January early February. Looks like there is the chance things heat up some after the first week to 10 days.

Could be a storm potential around this time. It’s at least something to track. Details are a little murky but as we get closer we’ll have a better idea as always.

IMG_0004.thumb.png.73bf6a16840c20059131d971e2bfc9ca.png

IMG_0005.thumb.png.c88e016535c8b3ba7e06f2d3001030a4.png

IMG_0006.jpeg.e55d4fba094a824781d4ce215152cffc.jpeg

Never made a thread on the US side so if I’ve done something wrong feel free to change it or delete it all together. I just figured I’d give it a go and see what happens.

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 1

06z GFS is a bit disorganized and a 2 wave deal. Not buying any solution for several days yet but I think there remains potential. Euro had a more organized system.

IMG_0152.thumb.png.e68a93ce70dc5337e8bb55bc6c12fe3c.pngIMG_0153.thumb.png.2af22049ddaa47bf4a3db719b41cb1ad.png

1 hour ago, Cary67 said:

Yeah very little consensus for a strong organized system at this point. Just trying to breathe some life into this thread.lol

I know. It’s not looking great at the moment. Maybe some energy comes in after the date range but we’ll see. Was hoping for a better organization system…

Edited by SNOWBOB11

• Moderators
4 hours ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Euro...

🤣

Bullseye 10 days out....perfect!!!!   Just enough time for a shift 300 miles north, then disappear, then reappear 400 miles south, then shift 150 miles north, then a 50 mile jog south.  Bingo!

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

That was a good euro run for me but I think this system still has the chance to track south of what’s currently shown. The system before this might be enough to bring in a cooler air mass for this follow up system.

• LIKE 1

• Moderators

For many folks in the region, a 10"+ crusher would be the only way to salvage this season / make it memorable for a good reason. 

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

• Moderators

It's all part of the plan.  :classic_laugh:

On 2/4/2024 at 6:36 AM, Hiramite said:

Just enough time for a shift 300 miles north, then disappear, then reappear 400 miles south, then shift 150 miles north, then a 50 mile jog south.  Bingo!

18 hours ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

And we're back to reality 🤣

14 hours ago, SNOWBOB11 said:

Zilcho on the 18z GFS.

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

Really nothing on the 12z GFS showing up. If this system doesn’t pan out I will be over the winter as there will be only 2 weeks of met winter after this time period and not many storm threats showing up for after.

It’s going to go down as the warmest and least snowy winters ever for my area. I guess El Niño won this year.

• LIKE 1

Just now, SNOWBOB11 said:

Really nothing on the 12z GFS showing up. If this system doesn’t pan out I will be over the winter as there will be only 2 weeks of met winter after this time period and not many storm threats showing up for after.

It’s going to go down as the warmest and least snowy winters ever for my area. I guess El Niño won this year.

Check out the differences between GFS and CMC at 168. Still lots to sort out with all of these shortwaves

• THUMBS UP 1

37 minutes ago, SNOWBOB11 said:

GEM has the storm but it’s north. At least it’s showing something though.

GFS couldn't be much more different than the GEM/ICON in that timeframe.