March 25, 2023 | Great Lakes Snowstorm

Ohiobuckeye45

• The title was changed to March 25, 2023 | Great Lakes Snowstorm
On 3/24/2023 at 8:12 AM, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Pulling for you, might well snow!

Not home in FL now but think my area was dry slotted and didn't receive much. Reports from Madison over to MKE of 7-10" with 2-3" / hr rates

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

18 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Some of these areas were in the 50s and 60s this week. Another fail for the warm ground theory

Yep, if the snow rates are high enough, sun angle and warm grounds are not a hindrance. Lighter snows tend to not be good at overcoming such things. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

7 hours ago, Cary67 said:

Not home in FL now but think my area was dry slotted and didn't receive much. Reports from Madison over to MKE of 7-10" with 2-3" / hr rates

Some very impressive totals in excess of 20" in central WI.  I don't even think the Kuchera maps had quite that much lol

Edited by Hoosier
  • WOW 1

• Moderators

MKX (Milwaukee) already has a write-up on this event.  (Looks like they are still working on it as of 7PM EST)

https://www.weather.gov/mkx/March25thSnow

Just one example, check out Fond du Lac.   They went from being on the edge of the WWA area Friday evening for about 3" to the middle of the WSWarning area Saturday AM and receiving 12".

This is the stuff of dreams.....

Edited by Hiramite
  • LOVE 1

7 hours ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Hard to verify them for now but seeing some tweets of some potentially record breaking rates in Wisconsin?

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Some very impressive totals in excess of 20" in central WI.  I don't even think the Kuchera maps had quite that much lol

Still waiting to see some confirmation but the reports match up. I was reading 12" in 3-4 hours

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45